When you receive a land-based RAS system from Assentoft Aqua, you get a RAS facility with;
- A high level of biosecurity throughout the entire facility.
- Only proven RAS technologies – safety first.
- High productivity.
- Lowest possible footprint.
- Fast installation time.
- Best available water treatment processes – based on proven technology and concepts.
- Incorporation of new creative, but proven solutions.
- Low investment per ton produced fish.
- Production with minimal environmental impact.
- Design and component selection for optimized energy efficiency.
- Only using components produced by reputable suppliers and partners with whom we have experience.
- Producing a top quality fish, with an excellent condition factor.
Responsible and careful in all details
Assentoft Aqua’s employees have been involved in the development of RAS systems since the beginning of the RAS industry, and have extensive experience from building RAS facilities in different regions of the world.
Through Assentoft Aqua’s involvement in the design, drawing and establishment of Denmark’s next large landbased salmon farm – Skagen Salmon – Assentoft Aqua has an invaluable reference project.
Patented Moving Bed Bio-Reactor (MBBR) with Biofilm Control (self-cleaning)
The Moving Bed Bio-Reactor (MBBR) supplied by Assentoft Aqua offers the most dependable and stable biological treatment technology for recirculation aquaculture.
In Assentoft Aqua we have more than 25 years of experience with the MBBR technology, and the technology has since 1993 been successfully applied in full-scale installations supplied for highly intensive recirculation aquaculture systems.
By its unique and patented design, this technology distinguishes itself by having a tremendous capacity for absorbing sudden peak loadings with practically no maintenance required.
In combination with the supplied bio‐medium, the inherent self‐cleaning effect of the bio‐reactor is even further enhanced, which provides the user with a level of safety that is unequaled by any other existing technology on the market today.
Assentoft Aqua is the only company in the industry providing the patented self cleaning MBBR with the unique airlift/turbo aeration system keeping all bio curlers clean and maintaining biofilm control
The key to the success of the Assentoft Aqua bioreactor lies in the patented airlift‐driven self-cleaning design and a conscientious approach toward maintaining absolutely optimal conditions for the beneficial bacteria by maintaining a young, thin and highly active bio‐film layer on the bio‐media surfaces.